You'll learn to research various casualty effects - using reference material - so that you can create bruises, scars, open wounds, stitched wounds, grazes, cuts, burns of all types (first to third degree), and different blood effects.
In addition, you'll learn how:
- to create dirt, sweat, and tears
- to maintain an effect for continuity over time
- to represent illness, spots, diseases, and track marks
- to show a character growing older
- to use make-up effects to change a character's gender
Across Film, TV, and Theatre, the make-up artist has a range of techniques to hand and in this course you'll learn how to apply appropriate facial hair and stubble, for instance, in addition to special make-up techniques.
You'll also learn how to apply camouflage make-up for concealing tattoos, blemishes, and scars etc, as well as creating your own character or casualty project.
13 - 31 March 2017
8 - 19 May 2017
22 May - 2 June 2017
If the dates you wish to attend Delamar Academy are not yet on our website please call us for expected course dates.
How To Apply
Where a course has pre-requisites, you will need to do the make-up course with us at Delamar or provide us with evidence of sufficient expertise. This is for your benefit, as well as for the other students on the course.
You'll be pleased to learn that there are only really two requirements for entry to this course:
- You must be at least 18 years old;
- If English is not your first language, you must have a good standard of spoken English (equivalent to IELTS 6).
Check out the dates of the next course in the course dates section located in the left sidebar.
Then, please call our Enrolment Advisor on 0208 579 9511 or email email@example.com to discuss your course needs, or to talk about the qualifications for entry.